There is a lot of misconception about using your Super to invest in property. The basics concept is pretty simple but the process can be time consuming and overly complicated if a SMSF professional is not used to set this up correctly for you. We at Dwyer Property Investments are NOT licensed or qualified to advise on this however what we do is provide properties, which are suitable for SMSF investing.
We have fact sheets and have business to business relationships with industry professionals who can guide you through the process or you may already be on the road and have your SMSF set up and are looking for suitable product.
Very basic rules are
1. Your Super needs to be converted into a SMSF and a bare trust set up which is specifically designed to buy property.
2. Your fund is able to borrow up to about 70% of the purchase price so you don’t need the full amount in your fund before you can purchase property.
3. Property must be bought on a single contract you cannot buy land and then build on that land if you obtaining finance for the purchase.
4. There are many tax benefits to buying property in your SMSF including depreciation, a professional advisor will be able to explain all of these to you.
5. In retirement phase the property can be transferred into your personal name so you can live in it or simply sit back and collect the rent.
For more information on SMSF investing